Applying as a Student
Registration as a student optician is optional and only students at Seneca College or Georgian College may apply. If you are interested in registering as a student, please see below.
To apply to the College, please complete the Application Form (French), and submit the following:
- A passport photo taken within 6 months of the application date. The photo may be sent as a hard copy or a high resolution electronic copy..
- A letter of enrollment from your educational institution. The date on this letter must be within the 30 days preceding the date on your application form.
- Notarized copies of your proof of name and employment eligibility documents.
- If applicable, letters of standing from any governing body with which you are registered in any jurisdiction.
- If applicable, proof of graduation from any post-secondary program you may have completed outside of Opticianry.
- Credit Card Authorization Form – authorizing the College to charge your credit card for student application and registration fees.
Registration department or Committee decisions can be appealed to the College’s Registration Appeal Panel (RAP), and further to the Health Professions Review and Appeal Board (HPARB). Applicants are provided with information about the review process when they are issued a decision letter.
Applications choosing to appeal will not be subject to any repercussions from the College.