If you wish to reinstate your expired Certificate of Registration, and you have been registered with the College within the last three years, please complete the Reinstatement Form, and submit the following:
- A passport-style photo taken within 6 months of the application date.
- Notarized copies of your employment eligibility document (if the information you previously provided is no longer current).
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance if you are currently employed or intend to be employed in any setting where you will be performing the Controlled Act of Dispensing. Please submit a completed Insurance or Undertaking form if you do not have Professional Liability Insurance as you do not intend to perform the Controlled Act of Dispensing.
- If applicable, letters of standing from any governing body you are registered with in any jurisdiction.
- If applicable, proof of graduation from any post-secondary program you may have completed outside of Opticianry.
Payment of Fees
Once the screening of your application has been completed, the College will add Optician reinstatement and registration fees to your online account in your profile with the College. You will receive an email notification from the College when the fees are added to your account. The fees must be paid online in the Registrant Portal. Please note that the processing of your application will not be finalized until the fees are received.
Step-by-step instructions on how to make a payment can be found here.