It is the responsibility of every registrant of the College to be familiar with the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, the Opticianry Act, 1991, Bylaws, and Standards of Practice that govern the profession of Opticianry. The College relies on these publications to govern every individual using the controlled title “Optician”.
As an intern optician, you have the following responsibilities:
- You may perform the controlled act of dispensing prescription eyeglasses, contact lenses and sub-normal vision devices provided the following conditions are met:
• The dispensing takes place under the supervision of a Registered Optician, optometrist or physician who is physically present.
• The Registered Optician, optometrist or physician approves the dispensing and makes note of the approval on the patient’s health record.
- Your identification badge must be worn while practicing Opticianry. If you lose your badge, please complete the Document Request Form.
- If there are changes to your personal information, please click here to go to the member login and update your information.